Everhard Industries Pty Ltd (“Everhard”, “we”, “us”, “our”) respect the privacy of information with which we are provided.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or opinion about you that identifies you, or from which your identity can be reasonably determined.
Kinds of information that we collect
The kinds of personal information we may collect include your name, contact details and possibly financial information, including your credit card information or bank account details and other information you give us (such as information relating to an enquiry you make).
We may also collect additional personal details about you, including your birth date, occupation, gender, marital status and number of children, shirt size, frequent flyer no., information about your interests (such as sports, music, movies, cars), memberships, dietary preferences, information about your home, pets, social media usernames and publicly available information from social media websites or information about your building activities (such as whether you are a home owner, renovator, builder, or architect).
We also collect personal information about you when you use our apps on your mobile device, including the type of device you are using and information about your usage and in some cases your location.
How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect personal information from our customers, prospective employees, contractors, trading partners and existing or possible consumers of our products and services.
We collect personal information through application forms or our online contact form. We may also obtain personal information when you use our website or the website of other companies, for example, companies that sell or distribute our products.
Where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, Everhard collects personal information directly from an individual.
On occasions, your personal information may be collected from third parties, for example, from companies that sell or distribute our products, organisations that provide information on construction projects, tenders, fit-outs and contracts available in the market, credit reporting agencies, medical practitioners, previous employers and those other entities to whom we disclose information as set out below.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information:
- to respond to your enquiries about our products and services, including providing you with the relevant technical information;
- to determine your requirements for our products and services;
- to provide you with the products and services you request, provide you with new or technical and other information in relation to those products and services and otherwise conduct our business with you;
- unless you ask us not to, to send you promotional offers and other direct marketing material about products and services we believe may be of interest to you by mail, phone, fax, email or SMS. If you do not want us to use or disclose your personal information for this purpose, you can request us not to do so through any method notified to you in the communication that we send to you or by sending your request to us through the following methods:
- In respect to the additional personal details, the information is only collected in relation to contacts at our business partners for the purpose of building relationships with those persons including marketing and promotional activities and functions.
By email: email@example.com
By post: Everhard Privacy Officer, PO Box 543, Virginia BC QLD 4014
In some situations we may collect some additional identity information which will enable us to verify your identity (which we may do, for example, when you enter a promotion or make an inquiry over the internet or wish to obtain copies of our price lists or catalogues).
If you do not provide your personal information, we may be unable to do one or more of the above.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
Everhard may disclose your personal information to:
- its related companies;
- credit reporting agencies, ratings agencies and any business which provides information about the credit worthiness of persons;
- any entity to which we are required or authorised by law to disclose information (including but not limited to the courts, Federal or State government bodies, agencies or departments, government investigative or enforcement agencies);
- our professional advisers, contractors and other service providers whom we engage from time to time to carry out, or advise on, our functions and activities (including but not limited to our IT consultants, mail service providers, external payment systems operators);
- our insurers;
- the administrator of any superannuation fund of which you are a member;
- your referees, including your employer;
- other organisations with whom we have alliances or arrangements for the purposes of promoting our respective products and services or the distribution or sale of our products;
- other parties that Everhard has advised you of at the time any personal information is collected;
- with your consent, any other parties; and
- any person to the extent necessary, in our view in order to carry out any instruction you give to us.
We are not likely to disclose your personal information outside Australia.
Your consent to the disclosure of your personal information may be given explicitly (in writing or verbally) or implied (for example, if you request to be added to our mailing list).
Ensuring your personal information is up to date
We rely on the personal information we hold about you to effectively conduct our business. For this reason, it is important that the information collected is accurate, complete and up to date. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is accurate, up-to-date and complete. In addition, you may contact us at any time using the methods outlined below to update your personal information.
How do we hold your personal information?
Personal information is mainly held in secure electronic data bases. We take precautions to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Can I have access to the personal information Everhard holds about me?
You may request access to, or seek the correction of, personal information held by Everhard using the methods outlined below. There may be a fee charged.
All requests for information will be handled as quickly as possible after receiving your request (and payment of any requested fees).
Can my request for access to or updating of my personal information be denied?
Everhard may not always be required to provide you with access to your personal information or to make changes to personal information at your request. We may lawfully refuse to give you access to or update your personal information in some circumstances. If we refuse to give you access or update your personal information, we will provide you with the reasons for our refusal.
How to notify us of your concerns or lodge requests for access
- would like more information about the way we manage the personal information we hold;
- have a concern about how we deal with your personal information;
- wish to lodge a request for access to or updating of your personal information; or
- wish to ask us not to send you promotional offers and other marketing material,
you can do this by:
- Writing to Everhard Privacy Officer, PO Box 543, Virginia BC QLD 4014
- Sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I make a complaint?
If you have a complaint about the way that Everhard has handled your personal information, you may lodge a complaint by:
- Writing to Everhard Privacy Officer, PO Box 543, Virginia BC QLD 4014
- Sending an email to: email@example.com.
All complaints are reviewed and considered by the Everhard Privacy Officer. Everhard will generally respond to complaints within 30 days.
What if I’m not satisfied with Everhard’s response?
If you are not satisfied with the result of your complaint to Everhard, you can refer your complaint to the relevant Privacy Commissioner. In Australia, the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner can be contacted by:
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Telephone – 1300 363 992; or
In New Zealand, the Privacy Commissioner can be contacted by:
- Telephone +64 4 474 7590; or
- Writing – Office of Privacy Commissioner, PO Box 10094 Wellington 6143